Having regular air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Naples summer, have the professionals at Speedy Air Conditioning complete your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Speedy Air Conditioning today at 239-244-3439.