When it’s cold in Naples you depend on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit in your future. Once a year maintenance service from professionals can keep your system operating efficiently and diagnose potential problem areas before they completely fall apart. Between service visits, make sure to look for signs that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be running properly. Is it running long enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could indicate a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is jammed heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s warm outside, your heat pump cools your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps change the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to switch modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump may be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat might need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a breakdown in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem endures, reach out to a professional to see why your system is failing or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is making a lot of noise. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’re not familiar with, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to schedule heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The pros at Speedy Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.